Sunday, January 24, 2010

Learning Spanish

We're back from a beautiful skate along the Rideau Canal, Ottawa's amazing outdoor skateway. Ice conditions were  good, for long stretches, very good. Lots of skaters out enjoying a perfect Sunday afternoon, yet it didn't feel crowded. Now if only the forecast freezing  rain and balmy +6 C on Monday held off ...


After dinner, I'll finish my Spanish homework. Learning to speak Spanish is part of my essential trip preparation: I am taking a course at UNAM (UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MÉXICO). 2x a week for 5 hours, plus homework and practicing with Jan. I'm also starting to listen a bit to South American radio and TV to develop my ear for various versions of Latin American Spanish, via this Online Radio and TV link

No comments:

Post a Comment